Couldn't come to the Congress? Click below for audio recordings of the Media Briefings:
Daily Media Briefings
Tuesday October 1, 2013: Everything you wanted to know about Congress (but were afraid to ask!)
- Welcome: Tom Isaacs - Chair, Parkinson’s Advocacy Committee and a person with Parkinson’s
- WPC 2013 -- An Overview: Dr. Stanley Fahn, WPC Co-Chair
- Congress Structure- The Program: Dr. Serge Przedborski, Program Committee Chair
- What’s special for Media: Tom Isaacs
- Welcome to Canada - Canadian contribution to Parkinson’s and noteworthy Canadians speaking at
Congress this week: Dr. Jon Stoessl, WPC Co-Chair, Canada
- Introduction: Michelle Lin – Hot Topic Presenter "Exome sequencing of Norwegian families with PD reveals novel gene mutation"
Wednesday October 2, 2013: Getting from here to a Cure
- Welcome: Dr. John Stamford, UK
- Diagnosis: Dr. Roger Barker, UK
- Recovery of Cells: Dr. Marie-Francoise Chesselet, US
- Biomarkers: Dr. Michael Schlossmacher, Canada
- Protein Misfolding: Dr. Virginia Lee, US
- Introduction: Ianai Fishbein- Hot Topic Presenter "Altered Alpha Synuclein degradation and augmentation of Parkinson disease phenotype in a transgenic mouse model"
Thursday October 3, 2013: Novel Therapies and Living Well with Parkinson’s
- Welcome: David Iverson, USA
- Genetics – What’s new: Dr. Matthew Farrer, Canada
- New Treatments – Optogenetics: Dr. Ted Dawson, USA,
- Treatment of Cognitive Dysfunction: Dr. Laura Marsh, U.S.
- Quality of Life: Dr. Bastiaan Bloem, The Netherlands
- Lifestyle: Exercise, Diet, Dance: Dr. Terry Ellis, Physiotherapist
- Introduction: Martinj van der Eijk- Hot Topic Presenter "Patient-centered care in the Parkinson centers of excellence: a multicenter study"
Backgrounders & Facts Sheets
Documents d'information et des fiches de renseignements
Communiqués de presse